5 Napkin Grill in South Beach is celebrating National Hamburger Month by adding a new Burger to its arsenal. The Asiago Burger is a “beef patty with topped with roasted tomatoes, basil mayo & arugula on a seeded roll with the option to add crispy pancetta“. It’s available through the end of May so don’t put off the inevitable.
5 Napkin Grill Executive Chef Andy D’Amico ‘s Top 5 Burger Tips:
- Use ice cold meat (best quality, with at least 20% fat content) and minimal handling while shaping the burgers, use a scale and a 4-5 inch kitchen ring to form the patties uniformly.
- Season burgers liberally with salt just before adding to the skillet, never mix salt or seasonings into the meat. Season with pepper after they are cooked.
- Use a heavy cast iron skillet, warmed for a few minutes on medium heat then turned to high just before adding burgers to the pan, never overcrowd the pan.
- For an 8 oz. one inch thick burger cook for 2 minutes then flip, flip every 1 1/2 – 2 minutes (about 3 times total), cook to an internal temperature of 125 degrees
- Rest the burgers for a few minutes before serving to allow juices to distribute evenly