One of the dishes I look forward to having whenever I visit MEAT Eatery & Taproom in Islamorada is Chef George Patti’s Guinness & Aged Cheddar Soup. So we’ve got the recipe but there’s one problem with it. This recipe makes way more than a regular sized family could use, so I’ve got an idea. Invite me over when you make it and I’ll bring along a few friends. You can thank me later for solving this conundrum by serving me seconds.
Guinness & Aged Cheddar Soup Ingredients:
Makes about 75 cups, yes I said 75
- 10 whole onions
- 3 whole shallots
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1 pitcher Guinness
- 8 diced jalapeños
- 1/2 gallon chicken stock
- 1 gallon heavy cream
- 20 cups aged Wisconsin cheddar cheese
- 2 1/2 cups parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- Sauté onions and shallots with garlic until soft, add stock and jalapeños then bring to a boil.
- Add cream and reduce to a simmer, let roll about 20 minutes.
- Pull off heat.
- Ladle into vita prep/blender and purée until smooth.
- Add back to pot, add Parmesan and Cheddar.
- Whisk until incorporated.
- Season with salt to taste, sprinkle bacon on top.