After many long days & nights of planning and an early morning setup, Croquetapalooza 2K14 is in the books. Quick Recap:
- Miami Springs’ Mayor Zavier Garcia won the Catalina Croqueta Eating Contest refereed by my bud Fatgirl Hedonist.
- Fireman Derek’s Bakeshop took home Best Flan as chosen by the judges (Roger Borges, Todd Erickson & Hedy Goldsmith).
- The over 450 attendees chose B&S Gastropub‘s Jamon Serrano & Manchego Croqueta as the Best Croqueta in the land. It’s temporarily closed but will return next week as Barley & Wich.
- Over 10000 Croquetas were served
- Over 3000 Flans were made
- Over 500 batidos were consumed
- 5 Plant Centerpieces were stolen
Thank you to Catalina Foods, Galeo Spices and Magic City Casino for sponsoring and believing in the idea of Croquetapalooza. Next year there are plans for Food Coma Couches and anything else I can think of from now to then. Thanks for allowing me to create this only in Miami event for you.
Special Thanks to #TeamBB
More Croquetapalooza Love:
DJ Hank Justice – Croquetapalooza 2014 Sunday October 12, 2014
EventfuLiving Miami – Croquetapalooza 2014
The Far Out Blog – Croquetapalooza!
Lee2Go: Croquetapalooza Is A Doozy
Miami News Times: Croquetapalooza 2014: Barley & Swine Wins People’s Choice
Palm Beach Post: Croquetapalooza Celebrates The Humble Croqueta
–video by Jacob Katel & all pictures by Rod Deal