Normally I’m the one driving which makes it difficult to scope out new spots to stop & eat at. Luckily, my cousin Fred was driving which meant I could sit back and enjoy the ride around Westchester. Then all of sudden I spotted out of the corner of my eye a restaurant I had never seen or noticed before, A-Mari-Mix Fresh Mex Fusion. We had just had a late lunch so it wasn’t likely we’d be stopping in just then but the next day was wide open.
I did a little bit of investigating and checked out their menu online so I’d have an idea of what it was that I was going to be eating. One thing I didn’t expect was a “Specials” board for the day but for my first time, I figured I would stick to the regular menu.
Since that first visit, I’ve been back at least 5 more times.
Here are some tips I can give to first-time visitors:
- Order something with Ropa Vieja, they’re all good
- The Fish Tacos are mesmerizing and slightly spicy but worth it. If you can’t handle the heat then let them virginize it for you.
- The A-Mari Burger is a hot mess of deliciousness. It’s another spicy number and my mouth just drools thinking of it.
- The Pineapple Buffalo Sauce is the way to go with the Chicken Wings
- Wash down your Dessert Nachos with a Chocolada, yes Chocolate flavored Espresso.
P.S.: The Fries are Fresh Cut which surprised me since it would have been easier for them to just use the bagged variety. Remember what I said about Ropa Vieja? Get your Cheese Fries topped with Ropa Vieja and enjoy the rest of your day.
I Can’t Get Enough Of:
A-Mari-Mix Fresh Mex Fusion
9700 Southwest 24th Street Suite D Miami, FL 33165