The best part of the year is finally here, National Burger Month.
Every May we celebrate National Burger Month with a bunch of events, happenings and specials. This year is no different.
Let’s start out with all Burger Beast related items then work our way to restaurants who have got specials of their own.
P.S.: I’m not responsible for folks who think Salmon and Turkey are Burgers but I support their decision to celebrate National Burger Month anyway.
- Every Monday in May check out my National Burger Month column on Miami.com
- Visit the Burger Museum by Burger Beast and receive 1 free entry with the purchase of each adult ticket.
May 1: Top 25 List Goes Live – It’s been 3 1/2 years since I’ve unleashed my list of the 25 Burgers in South Florida you must eat. So you know what that means, it’s time to put on your big boy and big girl pants.
May 1: Orange Bear Grill Grand Opening at the Casino at Dania Beach (6PM) – I’ve been a giant fan of Shane Barton’s Orange Bear Grill for close to a year now. I’m so excited that the Orange Bear Grill has found a home in South Florida, comfort food fans…prepare to be wowed.
May 21st: BEAST Bowling at Bird Bowl (Westchester) – Yes, there’s a bowling team called BEAST and I’m their sponsor. Come on out to Bird Bowl in my hometown of Westchester, Sunday May 21st to cheer our team!
May 22nd: Killer Melts Grand Opening Party (West Kendall) – Kevin Hase who hit the Miami Food Truck scene with the under-appreciated Killer Pasta then changed the truck into the Killer Melts truck, this one did the trick. Sure, they’ve got a great Grilled Cheeses but wait until you try the Burger Melts.
May 26th: Hamburger House Party (Flagami) – My 4th annual Burger Competition gets better with age. We’ve got our first out of state competitor in Brooklyn’s Hard Time Sundaes as he goes up against our reigning 2 time champ & current SoBe Burger Bash winner Jr’s Gourmet Burgers and 20 more of South Florida’s Best Burger spots. Don’t miss this event! Age 21+ More info at http://HamburgerHouseParty.com
- American Harvest Burger – Signature Burger Patty with all natural, grass-fed, free range Chuck, Short Rib and Brisket Blend, Fontina Cheese, House Mayo & Caramelized Shallots served on a Martin’s Potato Bun for $10.
- The Wagyu Burger – Signature Burger Patty with Beer soaked Tomatillo, Gouda & pickled Cucumber.
- The Chivito Burger – Signature Burger Patty with Wagyu Skirt, Chimichurri Aioli, Oaxaca and Fried Egg.
- The ‘Big Easy’ Burger – Signature Burger Patty with Heirloom Tomatoes, Onion Jam, Braai Barbeque Sauce and Hand-cut Fries.
- BLT Duck Burger – Hudson Valley Duck topped with Miso Aioli, & Pickled Brussels Sprouts.
- The Eagle Burger – Signature Burger Blend Patty topped with White Cheddar, Poached Lobster and Truffle Buttermilk Dressing.
- The Black Angus Short Rib Burger – Grilled 100% Black Angus Burger topped with Aged Cheddar Cheese, Crispy Shallots, Roasted Tomatoes, Bib Lettuce & Burger Sauce.
- WEEK 1 – PO Boy (Old Bay Tempura Soft Shell Crab, Tabasco Aioli, Heirloom Tomato)
- WEEK 2 – Breakfast Burger (All-Beef Burger, Fried Egg, Bacon, Maple Sausage Gravy)
- WEEK 3 – Mexican Burger (House-made A5 Chorizo, Black Beans, Cilantro Mayo, Queso Fresco)
- WEEK 4 – Haute Burger (Foie Gras Aioli, Black Truffle, Red Wine and Balsamic Onions)
- Cheeseburger Pastelito – You’ve never seen a Pastelito this size before. You’ve also probably never seen what’s best described a Slider within a Pastry. Taste the Beef, Cheese, Onions….thank me later.
- $10 Beer and Bootleg Burger Every Monday Night – Ground Brisket, Pulled Pork, Chipotle Aioli & Jack Cheese
- Burlock Coast has partnered with Funky Buddha Brewery for an additional off-the-menu Beer and Burger offer available every Monday from 5pm – Close throughout the month of May. When diners check in to Facebook or like that week’s Burger post on Instagram and show their server, they will receive two Smugglers Blonde Ale beers and an option to order the Contraband Burger – specifically created for National Burger Month and is made with Smugglers Blonde Ale Battered Shallots, Tomato Jam, Brie, Truffle Aioli, Arugula on a Brioche Bun all for $10.
Chefs on the Run Assorted Cuisine will be offering 15% discount to their guest’s lunch checks (you must order a Burger) for the entire month of May using promo code “Burger Beast“.
- “El Sef” Burger – Waygu Beef Patty with some thick Applewood Smoked Bacon, Sweet Smokey BBQ, Alpine White Irish Cheddar Cheese & Crispy Red Onions on a Bun.
- National Burger Month Burger Special – Cinebistro Doral will be using the Burger Beast Blend to create a Special Burger topped with Pimento Cheese, Marrow-naise & Shallot Chips.
- Week 1 – Double Patty (Mozzarella, Provolone, Prosciutto, Balsamic Onions, Basil Mayo, Oregano Spiced Tater Tots)
- Week 2 – Bison Burger (Jalapeño Bacon, Pepper Jack Cheese, Guacamole & Pico de Gallo, Handcut Chips)
- Week 3 – Cajun Turkey Burger (Apple Slaw, Brie Cheese, Crispy Onions, Sweet Potato Fries)
- Week 4 – Wagyu Beef Burger (Duck Confit, Foie Gras Butter, Onion Jam, Fried Egg, Parmesan Truffle Frites)
Double Cheddar Burger – A Double Cheeseburger which features a Secret Sauce and a side of Fries.
- Grab a “Burger n Brew” for $10 the entire month of May.
- The Burger – Certified Angus Beef topped with Cheddar Cheese, Bacon & charred Onion. Available only for Lunch on Weekdays.
- The Broccoli Cheeseburger – Certified Angus Beef topped with Cheddar Cheese, Roasted Broccoli & Buttermilk Ranch on a buttered Bun. Available only for Brunch on Saturday and Sunday.
Signature Salmon Burger – Pan Seared Salmon topped with crisp Romaine Lettuce, sliced Roma Tomatoes, juicy Caramelized Onions & Dijon Aioli on a toasted Ezekiel Bun.
This year more than 160 local burgers were evaluated by Hard Rock’s culinary team with crowd favorites added to the 2017 World Burger Tour lineup. Throughout May and June, Hard Rock Cafe menus* will feature the following World Burger Tour offerings:
- Seminole Cattlemen Burger (Seminole Tribe, FL United States) – fresh Seminole beef topped with bacon infused Heart of Palm coleslaw, fresh tomato and Tupelo breaded gator tail, smothered in Seminole wing sauce
- Tango Salsa Burger (Buenos Aires, Argentina) – shake it up with andouille sausage, Certified Angus Beef®, salsa criolla, garlic aioli, Monterey jack cheese, fresh arugula and a fried egg to top off the burger
- Banh Mi Burger (Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam) – coated in tangy house-made Vietnamese glaze, topped with sliced cucumbers and pickled vegetables, accompanied by a garnishment of cilantro and green onions all on a Certified Angus Beef® patty
- Tennessee BBQ Burger (Tennessee, United States) – like a good country ballad, this Certified Angus Beef® burger brings happy tears with BBQ dry rubbed premium beef topped with pickle slices, Memphis slaw, pulled pork, pig sauce, crispy onions and cheddar
- Purchase the signature Killer Burger Melt and receive a Free order of fresh cut Fries.
Both Burgers are available the entire month of May.
- Javi Strong Burger – 1/4lb Burger Beast Blend Muffin Top topped with Serrano Ham, Swiss Cheese, Bacon, Fried Egg, Avocado Lime & Crema Mexicana on a Brioche Bun. It’s a collaboration with Javi Perez and his family with proceeds will go to the Javi Strong Foundation.
- The Concha Burger – 1/4lb Burger Beast Blend Muffin Top topped with Oaxaca Cheese, Cotija Cheese, Candied Jalapeño, Maple Bacon & Fried Egg on Concha Bread.
- Cheeseburger Pizza, ’nuff said.
During National Burger Month, Meat Market will offer a selection of rotating burger specials in addition to the Burger below. All Burgers are served with a side of signature Meat Market Fries.
- The Wild Mushroom Burger – Certified Angus Chuck Blend stuffed with Wild Mushroom & topped with Boursin Cheese, Grilled Onions and Meat Market Sauce served on Brioche Buns from Zak the Baker.
Every Monday in May for $9.99 you get 2 Sliders + Fries & 1 MIA core Beer, there’s a different specialty slider every Monday too.
- May 1st – Slider topped with Goat Cheese, Caramelized Beer Onions & Spicy Guava Sauce.
- May 8th – Slider topped with Papaya Sauce, Blue Cheese, Maple Black Pepper Bacon & Brown Ale Apples.
- May 15th – Tostone slider with mixed Beef & Chorizo Patty topped with MIA Pink Sauce, Garlic Cilantro Alioli, Cotija Cheese and Fried Cheese.
- May 22nd – Slider topped with Bacon Jam & Jalapeño Popper.
- May 29th – Slider topped with Pulled BBQ Chicken & Coleslaw.
- Steve’s Ultimate Patty Melt (available May 1 – May 10) – A Bacon-crusted Burger Patty topped with Pepper Jack Cheese, Smoky Jalapeño Aioli, Avocado, Arugula, Red Onions & Pickled Sweet & Spicy Peppers on toasted Marble Rye ($18).
- Joe’s Mushroom with a View Burger (available May 11 – May 21) – Burger with Wild Mushrooms, Swiss Cheese, Crispy Onion, Arugula & Lemon Truffle Aioli on a Brioche Bun ($18).
- The top selling Burger between these two will be featured the rest of the month (May 22 – May 31).
Every week in May (May 1st, 8th, 15th and 22nd), a different luminary will create their very own specialty burger recipe and feature it throughout the week. 15% of the proceeds from the sale of the burger will benefit the charity of their choice.
- May 1st – Shannon & Ray Allen (Owner/Operators of the East Coast’s first USDA Organic Certified restaurant, Grown™) present Grown’s Signature Salmon Burger – Pan Seared Salmon topped with crisp Romaine Lettuce, sliced Roma Tomatoes, juicy Caramelized Onions & Dijon Aioli on a toasted Ezekiel Bun. It will be available Monday, May 1st, 2017 to Sunday May 7th, 2017 & proceeds will benefit the Diabetes Research Institute Foundation (DRIF).
Truffle Burger – Burger Patty topped with Gorgonzola Cheese, Caramelized Onions, Truffle Butter & Shaved Truffles ($30).
- Triple Truffle Burger – A Bone-Marrow, NY Strip & Ribeye Blend Burger Patty topped with Aged Truffle White Cheddar, Exotic Mushroom Blend, Truffle Mornay Cream Sauce & Shaved Black Truffles Table Side on a local Brioche Bun.
- The Prohibition Burger – Tap 42’s Special Burger Blend topped with Applewood Smoked Bacon, “Secret Sauce,” Dijonnaise, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion and melted White Cheddar Cheese. This Tap 42 classic Burger is normally $14.50, but on Monday’s you can grab one for just $5!!
- Hangover Burger – In the quest for hangover remedies, hearty burgers often do the trick. Caramelized onions, American cheese, bacon, and remoulade sauce topped with a fried egg make TooJay’s new Hangover Burger the perfect cure for a hangover or for simply beating the boring burger blues! $11.49
- Avocado Burger – Prized for its nutrient value, good flavor and rich texture, avocado has become a popular superfood. Fresh sliced avocado, Swiss cheese, arugula and lemon garlic aioli make TooJay’s new Avocado Burger a discriminating diner’s delight. $11.49 Add bacon for $1.29.
- BBQ Burger – For National Burger Month, nothing says BBQ like the aroma of a burger topped with smokehouse bacon, American cheese, smoky BBQ sauce and a crispy onion ring. $10.99
- Free Ale on Wednesdays in May with any Burger purchase.
- Free Fries with Burger they’ll be competing with the week of Hamburger House Party.
- The Cuban Burger – Blended Pork Shoulder and Pork Butt, Mojo Marinated Pork Belly, Sliced Smoked Honey Baked Ham topped with Fried Sour Pickles, Gruyere Cheese & a Garlic Mustard Sauce served on a lightly pressed Brioche Bun. Burger is only available during lunch.
- The Hand Pressed Brisket Burger – Burger is only available during lunch.