If you’ve read my visit to The Orange Bear Restaurant when it was located in Bonita Springs then you know I’ve got much love for this place. The Menu at their new location at the Casino at Dania Beach is much larger with an expanded array of *Burger and Sandwich options. Plus, there’s Tio Colo Ice Cream Sandwiches as a Dessert option.
If you walk into the Casino at Dania Beach from the front entrance, make a right and follow the corridor til you hit the Orange Bear Grill. You can then walk right up to the counter, place your order and take a seat at the high tops to the left or sit in the designated Orange Bear Grill restaurant area filled with tables, chairs and booths. If you don’t want to order there, then take a seat and a server can also take your order. I know this because I did both.
Much like my previous visits to their old location, everything was good to great. There was not a stinker in the bunch so I’ll point some of the highlights of my meal.
- Housemade Cheese Sticks – They’re more like Egg Rolls stuffed with Mozzarella and spices. Call it whatever you want but they were excellent.
- Chicken Tender Basket – These are not some wimpy Chicken Tenders and that’s no ordinary Honey Mustard.
- 1/2 lb. Angus All Beef Chili Cheese Dog – Fried and crispy Hot Dog topped with Housemade Chili and Beer Cheese Sauce was so addictive I never added Onions and Yellow Mustard to it.
- The Popper Burger – Imagine a deconstructed Jalapeño Popper topping a beautifully crusty smashed 8 oz. Burger Patty. This is a big time winner.
- The Chicken Sunrise – I was skeptical about getting a Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sandwich which was topped with a Fried Egg. The real secret was the Roasted Garlic Aioli that tied everything together, smooth move.
I’d like to thank Shane Barton, the Owner/Chef of the Orange Bear Grill for naming one of their new Burgers after me. The BEAST is an 8 oz. Burger topped with Cheddar Cheese, Bacon, House Chili, Cheese Sauce & a Fried Onion Stack on a Butter Toasted Roll. You need to come hungry for this one.
There was only one way to finish a meal of this magnitude and that’s with equally great dessert(s). The Maple Bread Pudding was good but it can’t hold a candle to one of those lovely little ice cream sandwiches from Tio Colo. My favorite is the Mantecado or Cuban Vanilla which will remind you of a creamy Egg Nog. If that’s not your speed, you can also order the Butter Almond, Coconut, Chocolate or Strawberry version.
Driving to a Casino to grab a meal is not something I’d normally do. The problem is if you don’t, you’ll really be missing out and that’s a food crime in itself.
Orange Is The New Bear:
The Orange Bear Grill
301 E Dania Beach Blvd, Dania Beach, FL 33004