Have you made it out to The Rusty Bucket yet? They just opened in March at CityPlace in Doral.
The Burger on their menu (Beer Cheese Burger) features Beer Cheese which is the perfect marriage of Burgers & Brews.
Best of all, I’m able to share the recipe for their Beer Cheese Burger with you.
Beer Cheese Burger Recipe
- 8 oz Ground Beef
- 1 Burger Bun
- ¼ tsp Steak Dust Seasoning
- ½ oz Mayonnaise
- 1 oz Shredded Lettuce
- 1 Tomato Slice
- 2 oz House-Made Beer Cheese (see recipe below)
- 1 ½ oz Crispy Red Onion Straws (see recipe below)
- Toast bun and set aside.
- Season beef with steak dust and cook on flat-top to desired
- On top bun spread mayonnaise, lettuce, & tomato.
- When the burger is at proper temp, cover with a slice of beer cheese and cover with lid.
- Top with melted cheese, crispy red onion straws & serve open face on a platter with seasoned fries.
Beer Cheese Ingredients:
- ¼ oz Shallots
- ¼ oz Butter
- 3 oz Bud Light Beer
- ¼ cup Chicken Stock
- 4 ½ oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 1 ¾ oz Velveeta
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Cook shallots until translucent and lightly browned.
- Deglaze with beer.
- Reduce beer by half, add chicken stock and reduce carefully until
is very thick.
- Slowly work both kinds of cheese into the base while warm with a spatula under
- When cool enough to handle divide into 3 to go soup cups and let
set in the walk in.
- Once they are set pop them out of the cups and cut into 3 oz
Crispy Red Onion Straws Ingredients:
- 1 lb. Red Onion Rings
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 cups Seasoned Flour
- Slice onions and place to the side.
- Add milk and stir to coat onions.
- Let soak for two to three minutes before frying.
- To cook, drain onions well and add to seasoned flour in mixing bowl, toss in flour until very well coated.
- Add two handfuls at a time to fryer at 350 degrees and cook for one minute until golden brown and crispy.
- Let drain for a few seconds and place in a clean bowl.
- Hold at room temp.
*Thank you to The Rusty Bucket for allowing me to reprint their Beer Cheese Burger recipe.