The Cheesecake Factory – Kendall, Florida

When I first heard about The Cheesecake Factory over 15 years ago I really had no interest in checking it out. I originally thought it was strictly a dessert restaurant. Since I wasn’t really a fan of cheesecake back then I figured why waste my time. My sister then told about its extensive menu and how big the portions were. So I tried it and I have never stopped going. It’s one of the few chain restaurants that still frequent. The original dish that sold me on this place was the Fettuccine with Chicken & Sun-dried Tomatoes (in a Garlic Parmesan Cream sauce) and it’s probably the dish I get a good 75% of the time. I spend the other 25% of the time trying to find anything else I would like as much.

I’m a big appetizers guy and their selection is overwhelming. My wife is always reminding me to control myself when ordering appetizers at Cheesecake Factory. So on this particular afternoon, I ordered the Buffalo Chicken Strips and the Popcorn Shrimp. Something about their hot sauce and how moist the Buffalo Chicken Strips made this a winning app.

Buffalo Chicken Strips

Plus the blue cheese dressing served with the strips is pretty amazing. So amazing in fact, that now The Cheesecake Factory actually will bottle and sell you any of their sauces. I could not resist and purchased a jar of their blue cheese dressing. That sauce is going to sit in my fridge and rot but I just had to buy it. The Popcorn Shrimp are breaded in some type of beer batter and served with 2 sauces. One of which is mayo based and my favorite of the two.

Popcorn Shrimp

Since I decided to go with a Burger this time, I ordered the Ranch House Burger: Pieces of Steak, Sauteed Mushrooms & Onions, Bacon, Cheddar Cheese top their Angus Burger. It’s served with a Garlic Mayo.

Ranch House Burger

Yeah, this is a pretty good one. All the flavors are there and it’s a good choice if you like a lot of toppings on your burger. The picture does not do justice to how big and filling this burger really is.

Comments (3):

  1. Ceasetodream

    December 12, 2008 at 5:14 PM

    I’ve only been there once…I’m not a fan of restaurants with square plates, they make me angry. I do remember the last time I was in there it was extremely hectic and loud…is that the case for all? (I went to the one in the Grove)

  2. Patty G.

    February 4, 2012 at 1:37 PM

    My first impression was same as yours…a dessert place. Then my stockbrocker bro mentions they are the only chain worth investing in, since they make money. Gave it a try! 15 years later, surely been there 30 or more times (when there’s no wait). Half of those occasions, I am stuck on the Thai Lettuce Wraps appetizer as my main meal. All the salads are a sure thing.

  3. Mazie Irani

    July 9, 2012 at 5:07 AM

    Cheese cakes tastes oh so mouth watering, I can chew them all they long. My mom used to bake lots of cheesecakes when i was a little one and this was favourite since then. ;;”‘;