2009 was a great year for the Burger Beast Blog. I got to try a whole slew of new Burgers but these stood out in my mind for one reason or another. These are in no particular order.
Top 5 Burgers of 2009:
1. Quickie’s Burger & Wings Original 1/3 lb. Burger : A Burger with a distinct taste because it’s char-grilled over some secret mix of coals. Awesome smoky taste and even though they’ll kill me for mentioning this, get it with only Cheese, Sauce & Bacon. I like it better that way.
2. Kingdom‘s Doomsday Burger (NO LONGER OPEN): This 1.5 lb. Burger is able to retain its meaty flavor even if it’s larger than their more human size King or Queen Burger. Make sure to get Bacon and Cheese on it. Try the Doomsday Challenge while you’re at it, finish it with Fries and Onions Rings in under 15 minutes and the meal is FREE.
3. El Mago De Las Fritas‘ Frita A Caballo: What could be better than a Frita from El Mago? What about if you added an egg? Ding!
4. Latin Burger and Taco Truck‘s Latin Macho Burger (NO LONGER OPEN): 2 patties cooked on a flat top. The meat is a mixture of Chuck, Sirloin and Chorizo. It’s topped with Caramelized Onions & Jalapeños (aka Hottie Onions) and Red Pepper Mayo. Plus an awesome tasting Bun. Sold!!!
5. Charm City Burger Company‘s The Emperor: I tell everyone The Big Sloppy is my favorite Charm City Burger but that’s not true, it’s actually The Emperor. Charm City’s Patty Melt with American Kobe Beef, Aged Gruyere and Truffled Mushrooms is the way to go. Foie Gras is also available as a topping if you’re feeling adventurous.