What are you supposed to do if you’ve got a craving for the Yellow Burger but the Yellow Submarine is no where in sight? If you’re not lazy, the answer is make the recipe below:
Yellow Burger Ingredients:
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Garlic
- 1 Onion, Coarsely Chopped
- 4 Teaspoons Bread Crumbs
- 2 Pounds Chuck Ground Beef
- 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 Teaspoons Butter
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- 4 Slices of Provolone Cheese
- 4 Butter Lettuce Leaves
- 4 Tomato Slices
- 4 Onion Slices
- 4 Handfuls of Potato Chips (Kettle Style Preferred), Crushed
Salsa Rosada Ingredients:
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
Pineapple Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 Cup Canned Pineapple
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- Combine the Cumin, Pepper, Salt, Garlic, Onions, and Bread Crumbs in a Food Processor until all the ingredients are well chopped.
- Add this mixture to the Ground Beef and incorporate well with your hands.
- Form the Meat into 4 round balls and flatten into patties, 1 inch thick
- Heat a Skillet or Griddle over Medium-High Heat, add the Olive Oil, then add the Beef Patties and cook for 5 minutes on each side or as desired.
- To make the Pineapple Sauce, purée all the ingredients in a blender.
- To make the Salsa Rosada, purée all the ingredients in a blender.
- While the Burgers are cooking, lightly butter & toast the Buns on a separate Griddle or Pan on the Stovetop.
- Slather the Top Bun with Pineapple Sauce and the Bottom Bun with the Salsa Rosada.
- When the Burgers are ready, top with Provolone and let melt.
- Transfer to the Buns and top with Lettuce, Tomato, Onions, and Potato Chips.
- Store any unused Sauce covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.