Anyone who’s eaten at The Filling Station in Downtown Miami knows that they make a mean burger. They’ve been chosen by Sargento Cheese to compete in the “America’s Ultimate Cheeseburger” competition against burgers from Chicago, Milwaukee, New York and San Diego.
Their entry, THE Ultimate Sargento Cheeseburger is their Burger topped with 4 Slices of Sargento Colby Pepper Jack Cheese, 3 Slices Of Peppered Bacon, Balsamic Caramelized Red Onions, a Fried Egg, Garlicky Mustardy Mayo on a Fresh Baked Kaiser Roll. Sounds really good to me.
They need your vote so we can take this victory where it belongs, South Florida.
The Ultimate Sargento Cheeseburger Recipe:
- 8 oz. ground chuck
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- 1 fresh Kaiser roll
- 3 slices of peppered bacon
- 4 slices of Sargento® Natural BlendsTM Deli Style Sliced Colby-Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 medium sized egg
Balsamic Caramelized Onions:
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Garlicky Mustardy Mayonnaise:
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. fresh minced garlic
- 1 tsp. spicy mustard
- Shape beef into pattie.
- Prepare Balsamic Caramelized Onion. Season pattie with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Sauté onion in a nonstick pan with butter, salt and pepper. When the onion is cooked soft add vinegar and stir until absorbed. Remove onions to bowl and wipe pan clean.
- Place bacon on baking sheet, sprinkle lightly with cracked black pepper and bake according to package instructions. Prepare Garlicky Mustardy Mayonnaise by mixing mayonnaise with garlic and mustard.
- Place burger patties on grill and cook to desired doneness. Top with cheese and cover until cheese is fully melted. While the burger is cooking, cook the egg over easy in a skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place burger with cheese on bun. Top with peppered bacon, onions and egg. Spread the Garlicky Mustardy Mayonnaise on top of the bun. Double Bacon Cheeseburger.