In January Burger King announced that they had begun testing delivery service in Maryland & Virginia. If you check out the “
Participating Restaurants” nothing appears to have changed. I was writing a post a couple of weeks ago about the Burger King Delivery and abandoned it since there was really nothing new to report.
Then, last night I was at my parent’s house and they asked me if I was aware that Burger King delivers. They showed me the Burger King mailer which I scanned below.
I wrote Burger King and have yet to receive a reply as to when delivery is going to start in South Florida but let me tell you a few things about it.
- Burger King has created a “proprietary thermal packaging technology, which ensures the Whopper is delivered hot and fresh, and the french fries are delivered hot and crispy.” This was straight from Jonathan Fitzpatrick, the Chief Brand and Operations Officer for Burger King.
- There’s a $2 delivery fee. And minimum orders vary per location (usually $8 to $10).
- The plan is for stores to deliver within 30 minutes of the time a phone or online order is received. Burger King Delivery customers must live within a 10-minute drive of the store. Delivery times are 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- There is also a BK™ LOYALTY PROGRAM. Here’s an example: Order BK® Delivers in 3 times via the website, and on your 4th online orders, you’ll get a sandwich FREE**. The cycle starts again on your 5th order so you can rack up as many free sandwiches as you like.
- You can see some of the BK Delivery Deals along with Nutritional Information.
How do I feel about this?
Well, I’m in agreement with those of you who can’t believe folks would order Burger King for delivery. In this age of laziness and convenience, I can see why it will work though. Me personally, I’m waiting for a service that will not only deliver food but also feed me. Just kidding.
Burger King Delivers
Facebook: Burger King Delivery