The folks from the CUBANCUBE Food Truck (Eileen & Jon Andrade) are the same peeps behind FINKA Table & Tap, winners of the 2015 Burgie Award for Best Restaurant. It was unfortunate that they decided to retire the ‘CUBE but the FINKA Table & Tap restaurant could not have happened otherwise.
I do get questions about the Freakin Frita, one of the signature dishes from the CUBANCUBE all the time. It can sometimes be found on the lunch menu at FINKA but because I love you guys, here it is for you to recreate at home.
There are strings attached to this favor, I expect an invite.
Mix all ingredients together and form into 6 equal patties. Cook Fritas on flattop, pan or cast iron skillet.
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 pound ground chorizo
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 red peppers, minced
- 1 white onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons all purpose seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chipotle pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper powder
Combine all ingredients, mix well and set aside.
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- ½ cup guava marmalade
- 3 tablespoons mustard
EVERYTHING TO PLATE:
- 2 loaves of Cuban bread
- 6 Fritas, cooked (above)
- 6 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cups Sauce (above)
- 6 eggs, fried
Makes approximately 6 servings
- Slice Cuban bread loaf from top to bottom to create two equal halves.
- Then create “buns” to match the size of the patty.
- Place one bread slice down and place cooked Frita on top.
- Lay Swiss cheese, onions, sauce, and fried eggs on the patty.
- Top your Frita with the other Cuban bread slice.
Thanks to Eileen & Jon Andrade of FINKA Table & Tap for allowing us to reprint this recipe.