Who would’ve known that years ago when Magic City Casino (450 NW 37th Avenue) contacted me about a collaboration with them we’d still be here today?
This Saturday, March 18th (5-10PM) marks 6 years that the Wheelin’ Dealin’ Food Truck Festival has been doing its thing and feeding hungry South Floridians.
Some facts over the last 6 years:>
- Over the course of the 6 years we have had over 150 different Food Trucks participate in the event with some from as far as Orlando, Naples, and Tampa.
- We’ve also had 53 food trucks make their debut at Wheelin’ Dealin’ Street Food Festival including the uber-popular HipPOPs handcrafted gelato pops (who will be at the 6th-anniversary event).
- Ms. Cheezious was at the very first Wheelin’ Dealin’ Food Truck Fest and they will also be part of the line-up for the 6th anniversary.
- The event has never been canceled once due to weather.
- It was originally called the Wheelin’ Dealin’ Street Food Festival before the term “Food Trucks” caught on.
- The 1st one happened on a Friday for lunch (March 11th, 2011 from 11AM-3PM), the second one on Saturday, April 20th, 2011 for lunch (12-5PM) and all subsequent ones were for dinner (5-10PM) on the 3rd Saturday of the month.
- We’ve held many special edition events including the 3rd and 7th annual Burgie Awards, El Main Evento Mexican Celebration (4 times), National Hamburger Month Food Truck Competitions (4 times) and 1 Best Bacon Dish Competition.
- Burger Beast’s 3rd annual Burgie Awards on November 19th, 2011 featured over 40 Food Trucks and 10 Restaurants competing for Best Burger, it drew over 8000 attendees.
- We set the Guinness World Record for Largest Parade of Food Trucks (62) on Saturday, April 20th, 2013, it drew over 10,000 attendees. It has since been broken.
We’ve got a stellar line-up of Food Trucks for this month’s event as well as a few vendors hand picked by me including AM Wood Creations (who did all the amazing woodwork for my Burger Museum) selling some of their custom wood creations, Dough Miami (flavored Cookie Dough), Meringue Factory (flavored Meringues) and PG Tropicals (Mango & Guava Preserves straight from the Redland).
Food Truck Line-Up:
Aja Food Truck
Bruno’s Food Truck – 1st time at event
Chinaman’s World Famous EggRoll Truck
Gallos Pintos – 1st time at event
HipPOPs Handcrafted Gelato Bars
King of Racks BBQ
Main Stop Grill
Miami Roasted Corn
Mr. Good Stuff
Velvet Creme Doughnuts
Virgo Bomb- 1st time at event
The Wholesome Rollers Food Truck
One last thing, drop into the Burger Museum (also located at Magic City Casino) on Saturday March 18th between 4PM and 8PM and say “Happy 6th Birthday” and get in for FREE.