Hamburger House Party is the culmination of my National Burger Month celebration.
The judges were South Beach Wine & Food Festival Founder Lee Schrager, NBC 6 in the Mix’s Roxy Vargas, Sugar Factory’s Corporate Pastry Chef Max Santiago, Director Billy Corben and Latin House/Madlove’s Chef/Owner Michell Sanchez.
Retro Sky performed live with some 80s and 90s classic songs while Burger Beast mainstays DJ Volksmusik (Hank Justice) spun tunes to keep everyone groovin’.
My bud, iHeartMedia’s Danny Rivera made a welcome return to hosting.
HHP isn’t only about the Burgers but about great snacks, desserts and drinks: Bocas House & Night Owl Cookie Co‘s Shake collaboration, Chifles Chips, Dough Miami, DRINK Miami made cocktails with Jim Beam, McDonald’s famous French Fries, Sweetness Bakeshop, Tito’s Vodka Cocktails, Velvet Creme Doughnuts and Craft Beer from Concrete Beach Brewery, Funky Buddha Brewery, MIA Beer Company & Tank Brewing Co.
Here were the 23 Competitors:
- 109 Burger Joint – Sweetwater
- 180 Degrees at the DRB – Downtown Miami
- Airport Cafe – Miami Springs
- Bocas Grill – Doral & Kendall
- Burbowl – Coral Gables & Downtown Miami
- Cheeseburger Baby – Little Haiti & Miami Beach
- Chefs on the Run – Homestead
- Cinebistro: CityPlace – Doral
- El Rey de las Fritas – Coral Gables, Little Havana, Sweetwater & Westchester
- Funky Buddha Brewery – Oakland Park
- Hard Times Sundaes – Brooklyn, New York
- Jr’s Gourmet Burgers – Miami Springs
- Killer Melts – West Kendall
- Monster Burgers – South Florida Food Truck
- MOOYAH – Country Walk & Doral
- The Orange Bear Grill – Dania Beach
- PINCH Kitchen – MiMo
- Pincho Factory – Everywhere at this point
- PIPO Burgers on Wheels – Doral Food Truck
- Swensen’s – Coral Gables
- Tucker Duke’s – Boca Raton & Delray Beach
- Tuto’s Street Cuisine – South Florida Food Truck
- Twisted Fork Kitchen – Doral
Jodrick wrote this on his Facebook page and it needs to be reprinted for those looking for inspiration:
“To the teacher that without knowing predicted the future and said ” you will have a great career flipping 🍔 ” … thanks for the encouragement.
I would like to thank God for the many opportunities that he’s give us to expose our product and our brand. We were so taken by the moment that I couldn’t help myself from choking up, by far my shortest acceptance speech.
This one goes out to all that have been told that they wouldn’t amount to much in this world, to that 15 year old kid that’s washing dishes because he has to start somewhere, the one that shoots for the fence with a paper ball, yes I am talking to you, don’t let any anyone tell you that you can’t strive for big things, don’t allow people to bring you down with their negativity and their jealousy because you can achieve what they can’t.
thank you to all the ppl in attendance that made this a reality.
Humility, Sacrifice, Dedication & Burgers”
Hamburger House Party 2017: