Can you believe it’s been a whole year since the last National Burger Month? I can but I celebrate all year round.
Below you will find a bunch of new Burgers and specials from different restaurants throughout Miami running throughout the month of May to celebrate the humble Burger.
Before we get to that we start with my New and improved Burger Beast Top lists that will be released on the 1st three Tuesdays in May.
If I’ve missed anything let me know and I’ll gladly add it.
Enjoy our month!
- May 1st at Miami.com: Burger Beast’s Top 31 Burgers in Miami List (one Burger for each day of the month) will keep you busy all month!
- May 18th on Miami.com: Burger Beast’s Top 10 Frita Cubana List
- Late May 2018 – Grand Re-Opening of the Burger Museum by Burger Beast with the addition of?
- To celebrate National Burger Month, the fast-casual dining concept, American Harvest will be offering $1 off burgers with the purchase of any beverage after 3PM daily at both locations – Brickell City Centre and South Miami. Offerings include the American Harvest Burger ($10) all natural, antibiotic free, Angus, chuck short rib, brisket blend, fontina cheese, house mayo, caramelized onions, served on a Martin’s potato bun and the Garden Burger ($9) curried quinoa & shitake patty, harvest yogurt dressing, pickles, served on naan bread with a small mixed green salad.
- American Harvest is located at 701 South Miami Avenue, Suite 340 in Miami’s Brickell City Centre.
- Open daily 11AM to 9:30PM. Telephone: (786) 814-6968; www.americanharvestco.com.
- American Harvest South Miami is located at 5958 S. Dixie Hwy., South Miami.
- Ariete will celebrate National Burger Month with $10 Chug Burgers for happy hour every day during the month of May.
- Every Tuesday during May Frita Cubanas will be $2.
- Ariete is located at 3540 Main Highway in Coconut Grove, arietemiami.com
Big Easy Winebar & Grill:
- Locals and tourists alike can experience the flavors of the Western Cape region of South Africa at Big Easy Winebar & Grill located in Brickell City Centre. To celebrate National Burger Month, the contemporary eatery will be offering a special lunch promotion. For $20, guests can choose any burger on the menu paired with a choice of draft beer or glass of wine. Burger choices include the famed ‘Big Easy’ Burger – heirloom tomatoes, onion jam, braai “BBQ sauce and mozzarella; or the BLT Burger – fried green tomato, bacon marmalade, arugula her aioli and Grafton cheddar. Excludes the Impossible Burger.
- Big Easy Winebar & Grill is located at 701 South Miami Avenue, Suite 339 in Miami’s Brickell City Centre.
- Lunch is served daily from 11:30AM to 4PM; “Easy Hour” is Monday through Friday from 4PM to 7PM; Dinner is served Monday through Thursday from 5PM to 10PM; Friday and Saturday from 5PM to midnight; and Sunday 5PM to 9:30PM.
- Telephone: (786) 814-5955; www.bigeasy.miami.
- BLT Prime, Doral’s modern American steak house will be pulling out all the stops this May in honor of National Burger Month. Once again they will present their annual Burger Board including:
- The Caddie ($24) – burger blend, garlic pork, white cheddar, mustard braised onions, and crispy pancetta
- The Eagle ($24) – burger blend, white cheddar, poached lobster and truffle buttermilk dressing
- The Blind Shot ($16) – marinated grilled chicken, avocado, lettuce, tomato, red onion, and olive oil aioli
- The Fairway ($22) – burger blend, sliced brisket, fried cheese curd, jalapeno bacon, and jerk glaze
- The Monster ($18) – grilled 100% black Angus burger, aged cheddar, crispy shallots, roasted tomatoes, Bibb lettuce, and burger sauce
- The Mulligan ($21) – grilled salmon burger with avocado, apple, pickled red onion, and saffron rouille.
- Additionally, there will be a special beer and burger combo, handcrafted by Chef de Cuisine Steve Mendez. The B&B ($24) is comprised of a short rib and chorizo blend patty, asiago cheese, bread, and butter pickles, fried egg, smoked bacon, beefsteak tomatoes, roasted pepper sauce on a hearty bun served with yucca fries. It is served only as a paired option alongside Wynwood Brewing’s blonde ale – La Rubia. The B&B will run through June 30th, so guests can have the extra month to indulge their cravings.
- Burger Board including the B&B is available daily during lunch and dinner service.
- BLT Prime is located at Trump National Doral Miami®, 4400 NW 87th Avenue. Reservations at (305) 591-6606 or online via www.bltprimemiami.com.
Chefs on the Run:
- During National Burger Month, Chefs on the Run will unleash the Señor Beast Burger: a Dry-Aged Burger Beef Patty topped with Gruyere Cheese, Sauteéd Grilled Onions & Baby Portobello Mushrooms on a Challah Bun.
- Chefs on the Run is located at 10 E Mowry Dr in Homestead, www.chefsontheruninhomestead.com
CORSAIR kitchen & bar:
- CORSAIR kitchen & bar is an American-inspired kitchen and bar offering contemporary cuisine that attracts those looking for authentic comfort food. For the entire month of May, Corsair will be celebrating National Burger Month with a weekly debut of delectable burgers for all taste palates to enjoy.
- Week one features the Corsair Beef Blend ($21) with jalapeno bacon, guacamole, smoked Gouda cheese, bibb lettuce, tomato, and onion.
- Week two features a Turkey Burger ($21) with roasted red pepper aioli, Swiss cheese, bibb lettuce, tomato, and onion.
- For week three, the Bison Burger ($21) with BBQ aioli, onion ring, sharp cheddar cheese, bibb lettuce, tomato, and onion.
- The grand finale will be a traditional Beef Burger ($21) with basil mayo, gruyere cheese, arugula, tomato, and onion bacon jam.
- Corsair Kitchen & Bar is located at Turnberry Isle Miami at 19999 West Country Club Drive in Aventura.
- They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily and brunch on Saturday and Sunday.
- For reservations, please call (786) 279-6800; www.turnberryislemiami.com/dining/corsair-kitchen-and-bar.
Devon Seafood + Steak:
- Celebrate National Burger Month at Kendall’s ultimate dining destination, Devon Seafood + Steak, with a hand-crafted specialty burger, freshly debuted on this month. The delectable Prime Burger ($15) features Aau Poivre mayo, shallot jam, watercress, gruyere and is served on a pretzel bun. Imbibers can pair this drool-worthy burger with a wine from their impressive wine list or a craft beer.
- Dinner is served from 4PM until 9PM.
- Devon Seafood + Steak is located at 11715 Sherri Lane, inside The Palms at Town & Country Mall, in Kendall.
- Telephone: (305) 275-0226; www.devonseafood.com.
- At The Dutch, burger lovers can enjoy New York restaurateur and Chef Andrew Carmellini’s famous Double Cheddar Burger. Carmellini brought the famous, mouthwatering double cheeseburger from The Dutch New York City featuring a secret sauce and, of course, a side of fries ($24).
- The Dutch is located inside W South Beach Hotel & Residences, 2201 Collins Avenue, in Miami Beach.
- Breakfast is served daily from 7AM to 11:30AM; Lunch is served daily from noon to 4PM; Dinner is served from 6:30PM to 11:30PM, Sunday-Wednesday, and from 6:30PM to midnight, Thursday-Saturday. The bakery counter is open from 7:30AM to 4PM.
- For reservations, please call (305) 938-3111 or book online via www.thedutchmiami.com.
- Empanada Harry‘s Empanada of the Month for National Burger Month is the Mac Harry EmpaBurger. The Empanada is filled with Ground Beef, Onions, Pickles, Cheddar Cheese, MacHarry Sauce and topped with Sesame Seeds.
- Empanada Harry’s is located at 4009 SW 152nd Ave, empanadaharrys.com.
Glass & Vine:
- To celebrate National Burger Month, Glass & Vine – the garden oasis in the heart of Coconut Grove’s Peacock Park – will be offering a Limited Time Burger. Head Chef Giorgio Rapicavoli has handcrafted the Dry Aged Angus Burger ($24) – dry aged Angus burger with grilled onion marmalade, parmesan aioli, and red wine ketchup, served with French fries.
- Glass & Vine is located at 2820 McFarlane Road in Coconut Grove.
- Dinner is served Monday through Thursday from 5:30PM to 10PM; Friday and Saturday from 5:30PM to 11PM; and Sunday from 5PM to 10PM. Lunch is available Monday through Friday from 11:30AM to 3:30PM; “Happier Hour” is Monday through Friday from 2PM to 7PM, and Brunch is offered Saturday and Sunday from 10AM to 3:30PM.
- Telephone: (305) 200-5268; www.glassandvine.com.
- May is National Burger Month but it’s also the month a new Star Wars movie is releasing plus May the 4th is Star Wars Day so our monthly specials will have a Star Wars theme.
- The burger is called The Vader: two 3.5oz imperial burger patties | melted Skywalker cheddar cheese | Jedi bacon | KM* Tatooine dijonnaise | caramelized Outer Rim onions | Endor arugula | toasted dark-side bun
- We’ll also have a grilled cheese sandwich named the Smuggler and a side called Sarlacc Pit.
- May the Force Be With You
- Killer Melts is located at 12310 SW 127th Ave in Miami, killermelts.com.
- The South Beach outpost of the popular, seafood-centric SoHo restaurant will be celebrating National Burger Month with a delicious discount. The notorious Lure Burger “Bash Style”, 5-time winner of the New York Food and Wine Festival’s Burger Bash and a personal favorite of model and TV personality, Chrissy Teigen who chose this burger out of Miami for “Very Best Burger” at the 2015 NYFWF. A classic LA-inspired burger topped with American Cheese, loaded with secret sauce and caramelized onion, bacon jam, and shaved pickles; diners can indulge in the award-winning Cheeseburger and any Beer on tap for just $15 (this deal is only available during Happy Hour) all throughout the month of May. Lure will also offer a nightly selection of amuse bouche for guests sitting at the bar.
- Happy Hour is offered 7 days a week from 6PM to 8PM. The restaurant opens for dinner from 6PM to 11PM Monday-Thursdays and Sundays; and 6PM to 12AM on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Lure Fishbar is located in the historic St. Moritz Hotel building at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel at 1601 Collins Avenue. Telephone: (305) 695-4550; www.lurefishbar.com.
Meat Market Miami Beach:
- Meat Market Miami Beach, South Beach’s premier contemporary steakhouse and seafood restaurant, is celebrating National Burger Month with a specialty burger from Executive Chef/co-owner Sean Brasel. Whether you’re dining al fresco on Lincoln Road or inside the glamorous eatery, make sure to order the Steakhouse Burger, featuring dry aged Certified Angus beef topped with smoked Gouda cheese, roasted mushrooms, red wine caramelized onion jam, arugula, and vine ripe tomatoes served on onion brioche buns. During the month, Meat Market will also offer a selection of rotating burger specials. All burgers are served with a side of signature Meat Market fries. Price varies ($15-$19).
- Meat Market is located at 915 Lincoln Road. Telephone: (305) 532-0088; www.meatmarketmiami.com.
MIA Beer Company:
- Every Monday in National Burger Month MIA Beer Company is doing Burger specials!
- Monday, May 7th: Guavanator – Bourbon Guava, Crispy Onions, Gouda Cheese and Bacon
- Monday, May 14th: Rob’s Jalapeño Burger – Jalapeño Cream Cheese & Bacon Jam
- Monday, May 21: Patty Melt – American Cheese, Grilled Onions between a grilled cheese sandwich
- Monday, May 28: Chipotle Burger – Tangy Chipotle Sauce, Grilled Onions, and Monterey Jack Cheese.
- MIA Beer Company is located at 10400 NW 33rd St #150 in Doral, mia.beer.
Miranda Cuisine & Bar
- That’s right – during the entire month of May, guests can stop by the chic restaurant located inside the EB Hotel in Miami Springs for a FREE beer or soft drink with Miranda‘s specialty burger, Chuck Brisket Burger ($15). Served in a brioche bun and smothered in Miranda’s special sauce, topped with Irish cheddar, pickles, and a sunny side up egg upon request, this mouthwatering brisket burger is not for the faint of heart. Be sure to make space for a complimentary beer (or soft drink) with a purchase of the burger, including any bottled beer favorites like Peroni and Bud Light, normally priced at $7 per bottle.
- For those interested in adding on some evening entertainment, stop by on Thursday evenings to enjoy a Pool BBQ with burgers, hot dogs, beer, cocktails, raffles, and a whole lotta fun at the EB Hotel’s private pool terrace.
- Pool BBQ’s take place every Thursday from 5 – 9:00 p.m. and costs $25.
- In celebration of National Burger Month, Novecento is making Happy Hour even happier! For the month of May, guest will receive a complimentary beer with the order of a burger every day during happy hour.
- This classic pairing offers diners the perfect excuse to indulge in Novecento’s Hamburguesa topped with mozzarella, ham, crispy bacon, lettuce, tomato, herb aioli and a fried egg which sits perfectly on a sesame brioche bun.
- For more information on Novecento and their locations, please visit www.novecento.com.
- Palomilla Grill will be adding a 1/4 lb. Frita Cubana (Cuban Hamburger) based on a recipe from Burger Beast to their menu for National Burger Month.
- Palomilla Grill is located at 6890 W Flagler St. in Flagami, palomillagrill.com
Pizza and Burger:
- Ditch the backyard grill and celebrate National Burger Month this May at Pizza & Burger by Michael Mina. For its second-annual burger promotion, the laidback eatery located in the iconic Fontainebleau Miami Beach will feature four special celebrity burgers. Each week in May, a different local celeb will feature a burger inspired by them and created by Pizza & Burger’s culinary team. Burger-lovers are invited to indulge – while giving back. Fifteen percent of proceeds from the sale of each featured burger will benefit the charity of the luminary’s choice.
- Kicking off the month is the mastermind behind the Pizza & Burger concept, none other than renown Chef Michael Mina and The P&B Juicy Lucy: butchers blend beef with smoked mozzarella, tomato confit, lettuce, basil aioli on a crusty garlic-pepperoni bun. It was a fan favorite at the Heineken Light Burger Bash during the 2018 Food Network and Cooking Channel South Beach Wine and Food Festival. Available from Tuesday, May 1 to Sunday, May 6, fifteen percent of proceeds will benefit No Kid Hungry. www.nokidhungry.org
- Miami-born and internationally known, week two is owned by rapper, singer, songwriter and producer, Flo-Rida. His Flo-Rida Burger will make you want to get Low with a 9 oz. dry-aged blue cheese patty, heirloom tomatoes, spinach with blue cheese dressing, mango chutney and fresh avocado. Inspired from his Miami roots, the burger will be available Monday, May 7 to Sunday, May 13. Fifteen percent of proceeds will benefit Big Dreams For Kids. www.dreamsforkids.org
- Three-time Emmy Award-winning Chef James Tahhan is a radio and television personality best known for his roles as official chef and co-host of Telemundo’s “Un Nuevo Dia.” A Venezuelan native, Chef Tahhan brings his heritage to week three with The James – 8oz. dry-aged patty grilled with queso fresco, guasacaca sauce, lettuce, heirloom tomatoes, roasted poblanos, a fried egg, and brioche bun. His Latin-inspired burger will be available Monday, May 14 to Sunday, May 20. Fifteen percent of proceeds will benefit St. Jude Children’s Hospital.www.stjude.org
- International music sensation and philanthropist, DJ IRIE, closes out the month with his infectious enthusiasm and good vibes. The Irie Foundation founder, born in the U.S. Virgin Islands, turns up the heat with The IRIE – crispy chicken with jalapeño and green chili cheese sauce, fresh guacamole, lettuce, and tomatoes. This heat-packed burger will be available Monday, May 21 to Thursday, May 31. Fifteen percent of proceeds will benefit the Irie Foundation. www.iriefoundation.org
- All celebrity burgers offered during National Burger Month are priced at $25.
- Pizza & Burger by Michael Mina is located at 4441 Collins Avenue Miami Beach, FL 33140 inside Fontainebleau Miami Beach, located right off the main lobby.
- Open daily for dinner from 5 p.m. until midnight and open for lunch at noon on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. For reservations or to call in a takeaway order, dial (305) 674-4636.
- For more information, visit https://fontainebleau.com/dining/pizza-burger.
- Key Biscayne’s iconic dining destination, the Rusty Pelican offers a specialty burger by Executive Chef Jim Pastor exclusively on the Lunch menu.
- The Juicy Biscayne Burger is a special blend of Short Rib, NY Sirloin, and Ground Chuck with cilantro. Sitting atop a buttery, toasted brioche bun, diners have their choice of cheese, and traditional fixin’s like lettuce, tomato and onion and a side of either herb or sweet potato fries ($16). Paired with an ice-cold beer or one of Head Mixologist Oscar Amaya’s craft cocktails, it’s burger heaven overlooking the waters of Biscayne Bay!
- The Rusty Pelican is located at 3201 Rickenbacker Causeway in Key Biscayne.
- Lunch and Dinner are served daily, and Brunch on Saturday and Sunday. Hours are Sunday to Thursday from 11AM to 11PM (bar closes at midnight); Friday and Saturday from 11AM to 12AM (bar closes at 1AM).
- Telephone: (305) 361-3818; www.therustypelican.com.
- The Pimento Cheese Burger is available at Shula Burger during May in celebration of National Hamburger Month.
- We’re giving them away FREE to Military on National Hamburger Day which falls on Memorial Day!
Stiltsville Fish Bar:
- One of Miami Beach’s hottest restaurants, Stiltsville Fish Bar by the culinary duo Chef Partners Jeff McInnis and Janine Booth is showing out for National Burger Month with a full lineup of recently debuted burgers from their lunch menu.
- Guests can choose from indulgent selections like the Pimento Cheese ($15) – pimento cheese, lettuce, tomato, and house-made pickles; the Bacon Cheese ($16) – house-made pork belly bacon, cheddar, lettuce, tomato and house-made pickles; The Hemingway ($15) – island sage, West Indian ketchup and house pickle relish; or go all out with the Surf N’ Turf ($30) – butter poached lobster, grilled beef burger, black garlic baby local kale and horseradish remoulade.
- Stiltsville Fish Bar is located at 1787 Purdy Avenue on Miami Beach.
- The restaurant is open for lunch Monday through Friday from 11:30AM – 4PM; and dinner Sunday through Thursday from 5PM to 11PM; Friday and Saturday from 5PM to 12AM. Brunch is available Saturday and Sunday from 11:30AM to 4PM. Hemingway Happy Hour is Monday through Friday from 5PM – 7PM. Daily fish market with grab and go options available.
- Telephone: (786) 353-0477; www.stiltsvillefishbar.com
The Strand Bar & Grill:
- The Strand Bar & Grill opened its doors November 2017 in a beautiful shorefront setting on Miami Beach. This new dining concept, located at Carillon Miami Wellness Resort, delivers a seasonal, ingredient-driven menu of carefully considered new American fare infused with innovative touches and sweeping ocean views.
- The menu features an approachable assortment of dishes that highlight South Florida’s organic community, sourcing ingredients from local boutique farms.
- For National Burger Month this May, they will feature a special Turkey Burger with pepper jack cheese, pickled green tomato, caramelized onion, guacamole, and chipotle aioli.
- Indulge while taking in views in their waterfront ‘Ocean Gallery’ dining area. The Strand Bar & Grill is located at 6801 Collins Avenue.
- The restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily and a Sunday ‘a la carte’ brunch. Reduced valet parking is available for $10.
- Telephone: (305) 514-7474; www.thestrandmiami.com.