Usually, I’m the one driving, which makes it difficult to scope out new spots to stop & eat at. Luckily, my cousin Fred was driving, which meant I could sit back and enjoy the ride around Westchester.
All of a sudden, I spotted out of the corner of my eye a restaurant I had never noticed before, A-Mari-Mix Fresh Mex Fusion.
We had just had lunch, so we weren’t stopping in, but the next day was wide open.
I knew what I was eating after checking out their menu online. The one thing I didn’t expect was a Specials board for the day.
For my first time, I figured I would stick to the regular menu.
Since that first visit, I’ve been back countless times.
Here are some tips I can give to first-time visitors:
- Order something with Ropa Vieja; they’re all good.
- The Fish Tacos are mesmerizing and slightly spicy but worth it. If you can’t handle the heat, then let them virginize it for you.
- The Chicken Fajitas were my thing for a while but now I’m into the quesadillas.
- The Pineapple Buffalo Sauce is the way to go with the Chicken Wings.
- Wash down your meal with housemade soft-serve ice cream and a Chocolada, yes chocolate flavored espresso.
P.S.: Remember the specials board? Be on the lookout for Raja Fries, they are 🔥.
A-MARI-MIX FOOD PORN
I Can’t Get Enough Of:
A-Mari-Mix Fresh Mex Fusion
9700 Southwest 24th Street Suite D
Westchester (Miami), FL 33165