When I say Mr. and Mrs. Buns, what comes to mind? Was it their appearance on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives with Guy Fieri? Or maybe you’ve heard how they (Gian Carlo Accinelli & Vanessa Rivera) decided to put all their money into opening the restaurant instead of a wedding.
Both are great, but the truth is the food created at Mr. and Mrs. Bun speaks volumes about their passion for sharing Peruvian comfort food to South Floridians.
Deciding what to eat will be the toughest decision you make. You are better off closing your eyes & pointing to anywhere on the menu. Guess what? No matter what you choose will be excellent.
I can help you with some suggestions of must-tries.
- Start with one of their refreshing lemonades; I always go classic.
- The Aji de Gallina Bites are so addictive that I have absolutely no interest in sharing them. I’m not kidding, get your own order!
- If you’re into the whole soup as a starter thing like I am, you will find a new favorite with their Tomato & Basil Cream soup. There is a Cheddar & Brie grilled cheese that goes perfectly with it.
- The braised Short Rib sandwich with horseradish mayo & chimichurri on one of their homemade buns is some next-level stuff. I can’t heap enough praise on that sammy.
- Save some room for espresso with one of their housemade desserts in a jar to cap off your meal.
There are no burgers on the Mr. and Mrs. Bun menu, BUT I was lucky enough to try a new dish that Gian Carlo is working on, a burger and beef wellington with an egg mashup. It came with avocado ketchup and his version of cheese fries. I was left speechless. The Burger Wellington will be making its debut later this year on the lunch menu at their upcoming Downtown Dadeland location.
In the meantime, you have plenty of options to choose from, and remember, there’s not a bad one in the bunch.
Go Forth & Enjoy:
Mr. and Mrs. Bun
15572 Sunset Drive
Miami (West Kendall), FL 33193
plus coming soon
Mr. and Mrs. Bun
8975 SW 72nd Place, Downtown Dadeland
Miami (Kendall), FL 33156