Nitza Villapol’s Cheeseburger Recipe
- 1/2 Pound of Ground Beef (I suggest 80/20 Chuck)
- 1/2 Pound Ground Pork or Ham
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Tablespoon of Mustard (Yellow)
- 6 slices of processed cheese (we used Velveeta)
- 6 buns (Potato Bread Rolls taste best)
- Mustard, Salt, Pepper & Ketchup
The recipe for Nitza Villapol’s Cheeseburger is from her cookbook “Cocina Al Minuto”. The recipe calls for the burger to be made out of half ground beef (I suggest 80/20 chuck) and half of either ground ham or ground pork. We’re going to make ham.
Step 1: Grinding of both the ham/beef and pork/beef mixtures with onions, garlic and mustard.
Step 2: Make 12 even sized patties.
Step 3: Heat your pan (Cast Iron Skillet is suggested) with oil.
Step 4: Cook Patties on both sides to desired temperature.
Step 5: Remove patties from pan and use pan to toast buns
Step 6: Each 2 patties sandwich a slice of cheese.
Step 7: Put on toasted buns and add Salt, Pepper, Mustard & Ketchup to your liking.
This recipe was originally part of the post entitled “An afternoon in the kitchen of the Christina/Nitza Project“