We waited….and waited….and waited….and then waited some more…..and FINALLY there is an “Artisanal Donut Shoppe” opening in Miami and it’s called The Salty Donut. They’ve only revealed a few things here and there but this is what I’ve got for you so far:
- First & foremost Artisanal Donuts like the farthest donut in the picture below (which is totally blurred) is raised Brioche with a Hatuey Malta glaze & Cinnamon Sugar Maduro Mariquitas & the one near the front is their take on a ‘Boston cream’ made with 24hr raised Brioche, Bavarian Cream, semi-sweet Ganache, Chocolate Curls & Cocoa Dust.
- Chef Max Santiago (is currently the Executive Pastry Chef at Lure) is ‘the man’ or since we’re in Miami, ‘el hombre’ behind these creations.
- The quality of the Coffee will be just as much of a focus as the Donuts are
- I may have overheard that there will be a dozen different Donuts to choose from on a daily basis
- The store will be located in Wynwood at 74 NW 24th Street at the Wynwood Arcade.
- The opening date has not been announced yet
- The Salty Donut will be at my event SugaPie on December 13th.
In the meantime (follow them on Instagram) and stay tuned to this page as I will update it with new information as it comes in.