S’Mac aka Sarita’s Mac and Cheese was one of the first places I put on my New York must visit list. I love Mac n’ Cheese and who doesn’t? This joint has over 10 pre-set Macs to choose from or can create your own. And yes, there are Vegan options too.
It was a little overwhelming for me so I went the lazy man route, the Sampler. It includes:
- Parisienne: Creamy Brie, Roasted Figs, Roasted Shiitake Mushrooms & Fresh Rosemary
- Napoletana: Fresh Mozzarella, Roasted Tomatoes, Roasted Garlic, and Fresh Basil.
- All American: American & Cheddar Cheeses
- CheeseBurger: Cheddar and American Cheeses with seasoned Ground Beef.
- 4 Cheese: Cheddar, Muenster, Gruyere and a touch of Pecorino.
- Cajun: Cheddar & Pepper Jack Cheeses, Andouille Sausage, Green Pepper, Onions, Celery, Garlic and Cajun Seasoning.
- Alpine: Gruyere with Slab Bacon.
- La Mancha: Manchego Cheese with Fresh Fennel and Onions.
They were all as good as they sound but 2 were just a little bit better than the rest. The Cajun with the Andouille Sausage and the Alpine with Gruyere (one of my Top 2 Cheeses) were standouts. The CheeseBurger could easily been called a Meatloaf Mac n’ Cheese and was a close third. I don’t think you could go wrong with any of them.