So what makes someone wake up at 8 AM and then drive some 220 miles to eat from the new BK Whopper Bar in Orlando? I don’t know that there is a correct answer to that question.
I’ve read about BK Whopper Bar since when Burger King revealed the plans and location. To me knowledge, there are no burgers for breakfast though.
Whopper Bar Table of Contents
Burger King Whopper Bar Concept
BK Whopper Bar in Orlando
Last night (roughly a month after it opened in March 2010), I decided it was time to check out the BK Whopper Bar. So, after getting to Universal Studio’s Citywalk and paying for the preferred parking (this is how I do it, Montell Jordan-style).
We park in the King Kong 311 section (he must be a fan).
And then I realized I paid $17 for preferred parking when I could have paid for valet and been five times closer. Anyway, that’s neither here nor there (I’ve always wanted to throw that line in).
As we’re walking towards City Walk, I notice that the BK Whopper Bar is on the second floor, right above the theater.
The seating area and actual BK Whopper Bar share space with Panda Express and Moe’s Southwest Grill. I walk in and look around and feel the need to take in the place.
The Moment of Truth
I check out my options on the menu board. You can’t tell from the picture that the menu is comprised of three digital screens, and there’s smoke rising from the food; pretty cool or maybe I’m just easily impressed.
We order 3 Whoppers: Bourbon Whopper, 3 Cheese Steakhouse XT, and Mushroom & Swiss Steakhouse XT.
The glaze on the Bourbon Whopper reminds me of teriyaki sauce.
This Whopper has the original Whopper patty, not the new Steakhouse XT patty. Of the 3, this is my favorite. The 3 Cheese Steakhouse XT was pretty good also, plus I liked the parmesan peppercorn sauce.
The patty seems to be about twice the thickness of a regular Whopper. It tastes like a Whopper, yet it doesn’t. The 3rd Whopper we had was a Mushroom & Swiss Steakhouse XT; it was the least good.
Now, I’m not saying it’s inferior in flavor to the other 2; I just like the other better flavor combinations.
The one lesson I did learn was that I should have used the build your own Whopper option. Instead, I would probably go with smoked bacon, angry onions, cheddar cheese, and bourbon-flavored sauce.
If you’re in Citywalk and a fan of Burger King, check it out for a different kind of Whopper experience.
When I visited, the BK Whopper Bar had not started selling beer in those tin bottles yet.
BK Whopper Bar Menu
- Whopper® – America’s Favorite Burger
- Angry Whopper® – Jalepeños, red onions, and a splash of Angry Sauce
- Bourbon Whopper® – Crowned with onion rings and a bourbon-flavored** glaze.
- 3-Cheese Steakhouse XT™ – A melted medley of aged Swiss, sharp Cheddar, and Peppercorn.
- Pepper Bacon Steakhouse XT™ – Smoky bacon with a spicy twist.
- Mushroom & Swiss Steakhouse XT™ – Porcini mushrooms and melted Swiss.
- Tendercrisp® Chicken Sandwich – Tender breast of poulet served on a corn-dusted bun.
- Smoked Bacon – Hardwood-smoked to perfection
- Pepper Bacon – Double-thick with a hint of spice
- Cheddar – Sharp, whole-milk cheese
- Pepper Jack – Spicy, semi-soft cheese
- Swiss – Nutty, milk-flavored cheese
- American – Rich, semi-sharp cheese
- Guacamole – Authentic southwestern recipe
- Sautéed Mushrooms – Cooked to a golden brown
- Grilled Onions – Chopped fine, smoky-sweet
- Angry Onions – As above, with attitude
- Crispy Onions – Freshly battered and pan-fried
- BBQ Sauce – The southern original
- A.1.®Thick & Heavy – Gourmet Steak Sauce
- Angry Sauce – Mustard-based with a fiery kick
- Bourbon Flavored** Sauce – Tangy with a Kentucky twist
- Parmesan Peppercorn Sauce – Creamy, with a little zing
- Thousand Island – With finely chopped veggies
- Burger Relish
- Onion Rings
- Side Dishes
- French Fries
- Onion Rings
- Fountain Drinks – Nestlé®Pure Life®
- BK JOE® Coffee – Turbo, Regular, Decaf.
- Mocha BK JOE® – Iced Coffee
- BK’ N GO® Drinks – Vitamin Water®, Fuze® NOS® Energy.
- HERSHEY®’S Sundae Pie
- Shakes and Malts – Oreo® BK™ Sundae Shake Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry.
BK Whopper Bar
6000 Universal Blvd
BK Whopper Bar in South Beach
Most of the reports for the Burger King Whopper Bar that is coming to South Beach focus on the “revelation” that beer will be part of the menu. After sifting through the Press Release and speaking via email to a Burger King representative, I’ll give you all the essential points, plus some pictures:
Whopper Bar South Beach Facts
- Will open in mid-February 2010
- Open 24 hours/ 7 days a week
- Serving beer from Anheuser-Busch and Miller Coors Company, including Budweiser, Bud Light, Bud Light Lime, and Miller Lite in aluminum bottles
- Over 20 toppings available, including A1 thick & hearty steak sauce, pepper bacon, guacamole, and crispy onions
- Breakfast available from 5:30 AM to 10:30 AM
- Burgers will be available for the entire 24 hours
- Outdoor sitting area for more than 45 people
- No drive-thru, but there’s a walk-up window
- Food Delivery to local area via mopeds (10:30 AM – 11 PM)
- Whopper-istas will be putting together your Whopper
- You can also choose a Tendercrisp Sandwich instead
- Sides are fries or onion rings
- The Bar Favorites menu features the Bourbon Whopper, Pepper Bacon Steakhouse XT, and
- The debut of the Black & Bleu Steakhouse Burger (blue cheese, pepper bacon, and blackened cajun sauce, onions, tomatoes, and lettuce on a corn-dusted bun)
Whopper Bar Update
This location is now a regular Burger King.
Have a Whopper with a Beer:
BK Whopper Bar Burger King
1101 Washington Avenue
Miami Beach, Florida