I was in the middle of writing a post about the White Castle Crave Time CookBook when they posted their own White Castle Castlerole recipe on youtube. If you’re not familiar with the Crave Time CookBook, it’s overflowing with recipes using the iconic White Castle Sliders.
If you’re a White Castle completist like I am, you will need this book in your collection. I was lucky that my friend Jorge Zaldivar gifted this to me.
Chef Phillip Bach, who is the head chef and director of product innovation for White Castle, recently released the *Top 10 Slider-Centric Recipes with descriptions for each one.
The list includes recipes created in their test kitchen, along with some that have come from customers.
Of course, all of the recipes feature their original slider.
Top 10 Slider-Centric Recipes
- White Castlerole – The simple but delicious casserole is a timeless classic featuring just four ingredients – Sliders, cheese, milk, eggs – and a little seasoning. Cravers can watch Chef Phillip prepare the White Castlerole on YouTube.
- Castle Con Queso Dip – This version of classic con queso dip features Jalapeño Sliders and includes cheese, salsa, and refried beans.
- Stuffed Mushrooms Parmigiana – This tasty appetizer uses mushrooms, pepperoni, and bell pepper in addition to Sliders.
- Queen’s Breakfast Casserole – Fit for royalty, this breakfast casserole includes mushrooms, eggs, milk, onion, and shredded cheese.
- White Castle Vidalia Dip – A whole lot of Vidalia onions are added to Sliders, mayo, Swiss cheese, and bacon to create a delectable dip to serve on crackers.
- Loaded Mac & Cheese Sliders – Cheese Sliders are enhanced with bacon, mac & cheese, and avocado slices.
- Stuffed Peppers for a Crowd – Sliders are the main ingredient in this classic dish, which also includes rice, tomato sauce, and green peppers, of course.
- Hawaiian Castle Bake – A little rice, Macadamia nuts, teriyaki sauce, green bell pepper, and crushed pineapple turn Sliders into a Hawaiian treat.
- Ultimate Stuffed Pasta Shells – Sliders mixed with Italian sausage, cheese, sweet onion, and a few other ingredients make a perfect filling for pasta shells covered in spaghetti sauce.
- Brazilian Bruschetta – Cheese Sliders mixed with chorizo sausage and avocado aioli are the keys to this Brazilian-inspired dish.
*The recipes are in no particular order. All of these recipes plus forty more are at the White Castle website.
The White Castlerole Recipe
For the official Craver record, this casserole recipe varies from the one in the Crave Time CookBook.
If you don’t live near a White Castle, you can use the ones available in the frozen aisle of your supermarket, but make sure to thaw them out first.
IMPORTANT: You will need a 9″ x 13″ casserole pan.
- 12 White Castle sliders
- 9 eggs
- 3 cups of milk
- 3 cups of shredded cheese (use your favorite)
- 1 tablespoon of Lawry’s seasoned salt (White Castle uses it on their 1921 sliders)
- Some butter to grease the pan