If you’re not up for heading over to Wynwood to visit Fireman Derek’s Bake Shop & Cafe then here’s a recipe for his New York Style Cheesecake. Don’t forget to invite me over.
Fireman Derek’s New York Style Cheesecake Recipe
Makes 6 slices
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1/4 stick of butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream and butter in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together until all the ingredients have blended.
- Pour in sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Mix well again.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 stick of butter, melted
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- Mix all ingredients together and spread in 9-inch pie pan.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Place filling batter on top of crust.
- Place in rectangular baking dish and cover with parchment paper. This will prevent browning of the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until done at 350 degrees.
- Let cool and then refrigerate overnight.