Very few folks were familiar with the food truck movement sweeping across the U.S. when the rumblings started in Miami. I had seen pictures and read about the growing scenes in Seattle, Portland, Los Angeles, and New York.
I was excited to see what kind of flavor Miami was going to bring to the food truck scene.
Miami Food Trucks Table of Contents
Current Miami Food Trucks Events in South Florida
Food Trucks at ArtsPark – SUSPENDED by the City of Hollywood
1 N Young Circle
Hollywood, Florida 33020
Food Truck Fest
Haulover Park from 5-9:30 PM
10800 Collins Avenue
Bal Harbour, Florida 33154
Food Truck Festival
Pelican Harbor Marina from 5-10 PM
1275 NE 79th Street
North Bay Village, Florida 33138
Wednesday Food Trucks
Volunteer Park from 5-9 PM
12050 W Sunrise Boulevard
Plantation, Florida 33323
Wellington Food Truck & Music Series
Wellington Amphitheater from 5-9 PM
12100 Forest Hill Boulevard
Wellington, Florida 33414
Food Trucks Fridays Fiesta
Tropical Park from 5-10 PM
7900 SW 40th Street
Miami, Florida 33155
Second Friday of the Month
Food Trucks in Jupiter
Abacoa Town Center from 5:30-10 PM
1200 Town Center Drive
Jupiter, Florida 33458
Miami Food Truck Beginnings
The gastroPod ushered in the food truck revolution in South Florida with his temporary trailer nicknamed The Shiny Twinkie. The gastroPod’s 1962 Airstream Trailer that would be closely associated with the early days of Miami’s mobile food scene did not make its debut until January 2010.
Jeremiah Clauser, chef, and owner of the gastroPod had been planning its debut since late 2008. It would take almost a full year until his plans were realized.
On November 3rd, 2009, Chef Jeremiah was able to finally post this comment on his Twitter account.
welcome everyone to Miami’s food revolutiongastroPod twitter account on November 3rd, 2009 at 5:07 PM
By the summer of 2009, the number of vehicles was hovering around ten. Just a few short months later, on September 12th, 2009, I curated the 1st food truck event in Florida, the Fall for the Arts Festival.
It started the craze of events down here that led to the weekly Miami Street Food Court, B.T.T.R., and the now-legendary event Lexus of Kendall. The latter was a mega event where thousands descended upon a car dealership with their families to eat on a Friday night.
On April 20th, 2013, the Miami Food Trucks set the Guinness World Record for Largest Food Truck Parade with 62 mobile vehicles at Magic City Casino.
I need to include honorable mentions for AC’s Icees, who has been serving lemonades in Coconut Grove for over 30 years, and Pincho Man, who is the original Miami food truck megastar. Both are still around today.
Unfortunately, at the moment, there are very few recurring Miami-Dade County events. You can, however, find the Miami Food Trucks every Monday at
ArtsPark in Hollywood, Florida.
Burger Beast Approved Food Trucks
- Adam’s Filling Station on Wheels Food Truck
- Cheeseburger Baby is a Reason to Visit Miami Beach
- Cuban Guys Restaurants Food Really Is Awesome
- El Alpha Dog Food Truck by Cesar Gonzalez
- Elote Lovers in Homestead & Miami Roasted Corn Truck
- gastroPod Brought the Food Truck Revolution to Miami
- Have you tried a HipPOPs Handcrafted Gelato Pop?
- Monster Burgers Food Truck Serves Colombian Comida Rapida
- Pipo Burgers on Wheels Food Truck
- Remembering Jefe’s Original Fish Taco & Burgers
- Remembering the Rolling Stove Food Truck
- The Amazing Ms. Cheezious & their Grilled Cheeses
- The Short but Awesome Life of the Burger BEASTmobile
- World Famous EggRoll Restaurant & Food Truck
- Yellow Submarine Morphs into Rock That Burger