Is it National Burger Month already? Time flies when you’ve been partially cooped up.
You know the deal, I’ve been doing this for the last 12 years. May is National Burger Month and I’m up to a bunch of things.
I’m doing everything from a book signing at Carolina Jax in Jacksonville and a Butcha & the Beast Box with Chef Bobby Marcotte of New Hampshire to bringing back my popular carhop drive-in at Cuban Guys for National Burger Day.
Hope to see you out there or online celebrating our favorite food.
P.S.: If you’re in South Florida, this year’s Father Day Burger Beast Box is up for pre-order. Check out some pics from last year.
National Burger Month 2021 Table of Contents
A-Mari-Mix brings back their Mex-Burgers
Wednesday, May 12th
A-Mari-Mix (9700 SW 24th Street, Westchester) had a spicy burger on their initial menu. The problem was that everyone who ate at A-Mari-Mix was looking for their excellent Mexico meets Cuba dishes.
Well, after a little pushing and some harassment from me, A-Mari-Mix will have their Mex-Burger on the menu starting Wednesday, May 12th through the end of National Burger Month.
Burger Beast Book Signing at Carolina Jax
Sunday, May 2nd
I’ll be signing copies of my book All About The Burger at Carolina Jax (2548 Oak Street, Jacksonville) on Sunday, May 2nd, from 3- 4 PM.
Bring your copy of my book, and I’ll sign it. If you don’t own a copy of the book, we’ll have some available for sale.
So come on by and say Hey, Beast!
Butcha & the Beast Box
One of the best things to come out of the last year is my friendship with Bobby the Butcha Marcotte. The dude is badass and if you’re ever in the vicinity of his Tuckaway Tavern (58 NH-27, Raymond, New Hampshire) it needs to a stop on your trip.
Last last year we partnered on a Burger Box with all proceeds for St. Jude’s Children Hospital.
Well, for National Burger Month, we’re making a super-duper awesome box called the Butcha & the Beast, and this is what will be in it:
My Guava Sriracha Ketchup Sauce
My Honey Mustard Curry Sauce
All About the Burger Book by Burger Beast
Tuckaway Tavern’s Tavern Burgers (4-Pack)
Tuckaway Tavern’s Black and Blue Burgers (4-Pack)
North Country Bacon (1 lb.)
Chef Bobby will be shipping it out of his butcher shop, which means you can order and have it delivered anywhere in the U.S.
Pre-orders start soon at TuckinGood.com
CarHop Drive-In at Cuban Guys
Friday, May 28th
Save The Date
Come out for National Burger Day (Friday, May 28th) to Cuban Guys (10801 Sunset Drive, Miami) for the Burger Beast Drive-in Car Hop Experience!
All the food from the Burger Beast Menu will be available starting at 12 PM. You can also eat in or pick up your food.
After 5 PM, you park your car in the designated area and order from the Cuban Guys website. They will hook a car-hop tray on your window and run out the food to you. You can then eat in the luxury of your air-conditioned vehicle.
What’s on the menu?
- The Burger Beast Burger – 5 oz smashed cheeseburger with diced onions, pickles, and Guava Sriracha Ketchup
- The Jorgey Boy – 5 oz smashed cheeseburger with diced onions, pickles, and Guava Sriracha Ketchup & Tartar Sauce
- The Burger Beast a Caballo – 5 oz smashed cheeseburger with diced onions, pickles and Guava Sriracha Ketchup with a fried egg
- The Dubly Double Cheeseburger – Two 5 oz smashed cheeseburger with diced onions, pickles, and Guava Sriracha Ketchup
- The Waybetter Cheeseburger with Arbetter’s Chili – 5 oz smashed cheeseburger with diced onions, pickles, chili, and Guava Sriracha Ketchup
- Burger Beast Sliders – Smashed mini cheeseburger with minced onions, pickles, and Guava Sriracha Ketchup
- The Old Fashioned Flan Shake made with Frice Cream‘s Vanilla Ice Cream & Lila’s Flan
Other Stuff 4 Sale
- Burger Beast Frita Cubana Pins (numbered out of 305)
- NEW Burger Beast Logo T-shirt
- All About the Burger book signed by Burger Beast or bring your own copy & I’ll sign it!
Let’s celebrate together!
Latin House Steamed Cheeseburger
Latin House (8695 SW 124th Avenue, right off the turnpike in Miami)) brings back their take on the legendary regional specialty, the Steamed Cheeseburger for National Burger Month.
You need this…trust me…you really do!
Yelp Miami Takeover by Burger Beast
Tuesday, May 11th
If you’ve been keeping up with my National Food Holidays Calendar, then you would know that May 11th is National Eat What You Want Day.
My friends at Yelp Miami asked me to take over their Instagram account for a day, and I have accepted. Which day during National Burger Month? Diandra (Yelp Miami’s Community Director) said to me, “it’s National Eat What You Want Day, and we want burgers!”